Our trusted security team
Meet our trusted cyber security team
The Roka Security team includes cyber security specialists with backgrounds in governmental and intelligence fields, as well as in large-scale data centers and network deployments. You can read more about our trusted managed security service professionals below…
President and Founder
A key player in both offensive cyber intrusion and security operations with multiple branches and agencies of the United States Government (USG), the military, and commercial industry.
- Has worked for various security industry entities, including Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman.
- Experience in Operations with the USG, as a network engineer and an accomplished network attack simulator, or penetration tester.
- Has a keen understanding of how advanced threats attack government and corporate networks, and how to defend against them.
- BSEE, BSCpE, West Virginia University. MSEE, Virginia Tech.
Vice President of Security Services
Worked as a Software Engineer and Engineering Manager in the Aero Space Defense industry for ITT Avionics. Developed and delivered air borne radar systems and air and ground based secure communications systems for the US Air Force.
- Developed and delivered Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) switches for the corporate and carrier markets for Ascom Timeplex Inc.
- Worked for the JP Morgan Investment Bank in NYC as a Technology Director.
- Responsible for developing and delivering trading applications and networks and secure electronic trading platforms for the Fixed Income Trading, Sales and Operations desks.
- Ensured all departments and financial applications under his responsibility met or exceeded cyber security standards set by the Investment Bank and were certified through periodic independent testing by Internal Audit and Compliance.
Director of Software Engineering
A Senior Program Manager at Roka Security, Mr. Richards manages the RokaCom secure communications service and specializes in building high performing software development teams.
- In his career, Mr. Richards has successfully delivered complex solutions to the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community.
- His experience spans numerous technical domains to include hardware and software development, anti-submarine warfare systems, commercial and military flight simulators, special communications, and situational awareness mapping tools.
Vice President of Operations
Leads Roka Security's network operations and engineering group and specializes in designing, deploying and operating secure global network solutions.
- Mr. Pickard leads Roka Security's network operations and engineering team and specializes in designing, deploying and operating secure global network solutions.
- In his career, Mr. Pickard has specialized in developing and fielding global communications networks to deliver secure satellite command and control capability to U.S. Government, international government and commercial customers.